Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Bing vs. Google

Once upon a time I was a die-hard Googler. However, at the moment I first used Bing, I was hooked. Sadly the thing that first got me was the home screen for Bing. I absolutely love the images they display and the facts/links. After using Bing further, I noticed that their image search really is a step above that of Google also. Some other features of Bing that I enjoy are their 'Popular Now' links and being able to connect to my search history. I do use Google at times as well. I feel that Google is ahead of the game with their various counterparts (Google Docs, Gmail, etc.). As far as searching with the search engines, Bing does a better job using semantics. After entering a search, Bing offers related searches as well, which I usually find very helpful on my quests for information. However, I don't think I could choose just Bing or just Google to use because they both seem to constantly keep improving to keep up with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment