Sunday, October 2, 2011

Feed Readers

There are many advantages of using feed readers. In my opinion the main advantage is having all of the subscriptions I am interested in in one place. This saves so much time that would have been spent jumping around from one blog site to another searching for relevant content. Another advantage is being able to 'star' favorite articles and posts. It's quick and easy to find your starred content in a feed reader, whereas in the past I had to save everything I wanted to access later in bookmarks in my browser.

The only disadvantages I see in the use of feed readers is that 1) it's very easy for me to spend WAY too much time browsing through all of the new content and 2) it's still a bit tricky for me to get used to using feed readers, but I'm sure that will pass in time as I become more used to the technology.

1 comment:

  1. Some good thoughts here. Feed readers do have some great advantages... but I can see how you can get caught up looking at them or how their "newness" can make them seem hard to use at first. I probably don't use them as much as I really should.

    ReplyDelete